This is the best Bolognese sauce recipe, a staple in my home. It’s so easy to make, I always make a big batch for dinner and freeze the rest to use throughout the month – a huge time saver! Making it in the pressure cooker makes this Sunday sauce a dish you can whip up any night of the week!
I’ve been slowly going through my older recipes and converting a few of my favorite recipes for the Instant Pot. I also have a Slow Cooker Bolognese recipe and stove top here if you prefer. If there are any recipes you would like to see in the Instant Pot, let me know!
Instant Pot Bolognese
- 4 ounces pancetta (or center cut bacon), chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large white onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks (about 3/4 cup), minced
- 2 carrots (about 3/4 cup), minced
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes (I love Tuttorosso)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup half & half cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Press saute on the Instant Pot, sauté the pancetta over low heat until the fat melts, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the butter, onion, celery and carrots and cook until soft, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the meat and season it with 3/4 teaspoons salt and black pepper to taste and sauté until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes, breaking the meat up into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the wine and cook until it reduces down, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, bay leaves, 3/4 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked black pepper; cover and cook high pressure 15 minutes.
- Natural release, stir in the half & half and garnish with parsley; serve over your favorite pasta, zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
Yield: , Serving Size: generous 1/2 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 4
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 126
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Sodium: 340mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 12g